Sir Montague Maurice Burton (15 August 1885, Lithuania – 21 September 1952, Leeds) founded Burton, one of Britain’s largest chains of clothes shops. Born Moshe Osinsky in Kaunas province Lithuanian to a Jewish family he came alone to Britain in 1900. Giving his name as Montague Maurice Burton he began as a peddler in 1901 yet by 1913 had five men’s tailor shops with headquarters in Sheffield and manufacturing in Leeds. ‘Burton’ married Sophie Marks changing the company name from M Burton to Burton+Burton. By 1929 Burton had four hundred shops, and factories and mills. His firm made a quarter of the British military uniforms during WWII and a third of demobilisation clothing indicating just how profitable war is for the Jew. Nevertheless, even though he never changed his name legally causing problems during the First World War, Burton was knighted in 1931 for “services to industrial relations” and was a Justice of the Peace for many years. Burton endowed chairs in industrial relations in the University of Leeds and Cardiff in 1929 and Cambridge in 1930. He also endowed chairs of international relations in Jerusalem (1929), at Oxford University (1930), the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (1936) and The University of Edinburgh (1948).