Palestine Jewish Colonization Association
The Jewish Colonization Association (JCA or ICA) was founded by Jewish financier Baron Maurice de Hirsch in 1891 to help Jews from Russia and Romania. At the end of 1899 Edmond James de Rothschild transferred title to his colonies in Palestine plus fifteen million francs to the JCA. In 1924 the JCA branch dealing with colonies in Palestine was reorganised by Baron de Rothschild as the Palestine Jewish Colonization Association. It played a major role in supporting the Yishuv until its disbandment in 1957.